Extract from “A History of the County of Oxford: Volume 6 (1959)”
There was no school in the 18th century, but by 1808 a dame school supported by the rector and the principal landowners had been opened to teach reading and the catechism. This school had 20 pupils in 1819 and 27 in 1834, when it was reported that children left school at ten years of age. It seems to have continued in existence until 1871, when it had 12 pupils, but to have closed soon afterwards. Children then went to school at Charlton.