A report in the Bicester Advertiser of 12 March 1948 of a meeting of the Ploughley Rural Council included the following item:-
The Chairman reported on a meeting with representatives of Oxford City Council in relation to the City water supply scheme, and particularly the immediate supply to the parishes of Charlton-on-Otmoor, Oddington and Noke. An assurance had to be given that the supply would be a permanent one, although the terms of the supply were temporary, pending the completion of the whole scheme. It was now anticipated that the work would be commenced in approximately 3 months time.
The Council decided to seek permission to borrow the sum of £7,575 being the estimated proportion of the cost of extending the Oxford City mains to the above named parishes.