Moving away from Oddington
Writing in the Islip Rural Deanery Magazine of November 1924, the Rector, the Rev. S. H. Scott, observed “Our little community has very severe losses to record this month. Mr Hardwick was ordained Deacon at York by the Archbishop on October 5th. He, and his unfailing help in so many different ways, will always be gratefully remembered. Then our good friend Mrs Hall is moving from the parish and so leaves vacant the pew in the Lord’s House she has faithfully occupied for 40 years, while the departure of the Treadwell family from Oddington, with which they have been honourably connected for two hundred years, deprives us of devoted help at the altar and choir, and with no one to take their places. Mr Arthur Treadwell has given a handsome carved oak hymn-board, his own work, to the church. He has our appreciative thanks. We wish all these God-speed.”
Footnote:- Mrs Hall was Elizabeth Hall, nee Taylor, born in 1857 at Launton. She and her husband, Edward Hall were at Brookfurlong Farm. Edward died on 24 January 1892 and was buried at Oddington. Elizabeth died at Wendlebury on 22 September 1927 and was buried at Oddington. Their daughter Mary was baptised at Oddington on 15 September 1889. She died at the Radcliffe Infirmary on 18 June 1959 and was buried at Oddington.