Welcome to the website for the Church of St Andrew in Oddington, Oxfordshire. We have set up this site to share with visitors the history and architecture of this beautiful mediaeval church and its surrounds, we also wanted to make everyone aware of the plans and progress for restoring this historically important church.
New additions to the site.
Oddington Winter Gathering
The Oddington Winter Gathering took place at St. Andrew’s on 8 December 2018. It was organised by Julia Burchell, Juliet Bostwick and Charlotte Maddison, assisted by other members of the Church Users Group.
£283 was raised for the Oxfordshire Homeless Project. Read more here….
Local History Updates
Nigel has been busy and we have added the following:
An article about 17th Century Non Conformists. Read here
A Public House in Oddington in the 1800’s, and it’s possible location.
Oddington’s very own school, The Dame School, from the 19th Century.
The award of 4 shillings to Ann Edwards in 1844 for her childrens coffins.
The sale in 1935 of Rectory Farm.
Revd. Lisa Holmes
On 2 October 2018 The Revd. Lisa Holmes as installed as Associate Priest in the Ray Valley Benefice. A Service of Licensing was held at the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, Charlton-on-Otmoor. The service was led by The Right Revd. Colin Fletcher, Bishop of Dorchester, assisted by The Revd. Steve Hayes, Rector of the Ray Valley Benefice. Read more here…