Welcome to the website for the Church of St Andrew in Oddington, Oxfordshire. We have set up this site to share with visitors the history and architecture of this beautiful mediaeval church and its surrounds, we also wanted to make everyone aware of the plans and progress for restoring this historically important church.
Our best wishes to Andrew Rycraft
On 11th January 2015 Andrew was installed in his new parish. Read more about the service here…..
New additions to the site.
1920 – The death of William Haynes:
It was reported in the Bucks Herald of 26 June 1920 that the well known Oxfordshire farmer, William Haynes, had died. Read more
1944 – Oddington man has his own parachute:
It was reported that Francis P Trinder, of Oddington, was charged with failing to deliver a silk parachute to a member of the Forces or the Police. Read more
1945 – Oddington after WW II
A large part of Oddington had for centuries been owned by a Lord of the Manor who owned the Oddington Estate… Read more
The search for a new vestment chest..
For a considerable time, Oddington P.C.C. had been searching for a vestment chest to replace one that had, for many years, been in the church tower but was falling apart. Read more
Restoration Phase 2: January 2015 Update
The latest newsletter is available now – click on the picture to view.